why you need Goods In Transit Insurance
Moving stock or goods between one place or another can be a risky business. Vehicles may be involved in accidents, and stock may be mislaid or damaged en-route to the destination. Goods in transit insurance will also cover you while collecting stock from a wholesaler or moving stock between your own branches. If your stock were to be stolen from a vehicle for example the losses can be extremely damaging to your business. That’s why a policy including goods in transit insurance is so essential.
The exact nature of your cover will depend on the type of business you work in, what goods you are transporting and how valuable they are. Whatever your requirements Brisco Business can help you compare the cost of the available policies and get the financial protection you need.
Compare quotes with Brisco Business now and find a policy with covers to meet your needs.
Brisco Business Insurance Selector
Take a brisk walk to find the cover that suits your business best
Are you a property owner / landlord?
What do you do?
Unfortunately, we couldn’t find any results for your term.
Please Contact Us and we can help you to find what you’re looking for.
Where do you mainly run your business from?
Other policies we offer
Other policies we offer
Other policies we offer
How brisco Business Insurance WorksCompare Quotes
Complete our simple quote form with basic details about your business
Compare quotes from leading insurers and select the right policy for you
Instantly activate your insurance and view your documents online
Business Insurance – Trades We CoverCompare Quotes
- Abseiling Contractors
- Access Control/Door Entry System Engineers
- Acoustic Consultant
- Acoustic Engineering
- Actuarial Consultancy
- Addressing/Circularising Services
- Adoption Society
- Adult Bookstore
- Advertising Agency
- Advertising Agency Insurance
- Advertising Consultancy
- Advertising Contractor
- Advice Centre
- Aerial Erecting
- Aerobic Instructing
- After Dinner Speaker
- Aga Cooker Installation, Servicing And Repair (Domestic Only)
- Agency Insurance
- Agricultural Consultancy
- Agricultural Contracting
- Agricultural Implements Retailing
- Air Brush Tanning Consultants (Mobile Or Renting A Chair In A Salon)
- Air Conditioning Engineering
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Air Filter Installer
- Aircraft Design
- Aircraft Surveying
- Alarm Installation
- Animal Breeding
- Antique Dealing (No furniture)
- Antique Furniture Repairers
- Antique Furniture Retailing
- Antique/rare Books Dealing
- Antiques Retailing
- Appliance Repair Insurance
- Aquarium Supplier
- Architects Insurance
- Architectural Surveying
- Armed Services Outfitters
- Art Criticism
- Art Dealing
- Art Valuation
- Artist Materials Retailing
- Arts And Crafts Retailing (Ex. Precious Stones)
- Asbestos Surveying
- Asphalt Surface Contractor
- Audio/Visual Media Hiring
- Audio/Visual Media Retailing
- Show All
OTHER BUSINESS INSURANCE COVERSCompare Quotes
- Accidental Damage Insurance
- Alternative Accommodation Insurance
- Buildings Insurance
- Business Equipment Insurance
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Computer Equipment Insurance
- Contents Insurance
- Contract Works Insurance
- Deterioration of Stock Insurance
- Directors & Officers Liability Insurance
- Employee Theft Insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Fixtures & Fittings Insurance
- Glass Insurance
- Goods In Transit
- Hired In Plant Insurance
- Home Emergency Insurance
- Legal Expenses Insurance
- Loss of Licence Insurance
- Loss of Rent
- Money Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Plant & Machinery Insurance
- Products Liability Insurance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance
- Stock Insurance
- Tenants Improvements Insurance
- Tool Insurance Show All
What does goods in transit insurance cover?
As the name implies, goods in transit insurance protects items and stock during transportation. For all the technical advances of business over the years, goods still need to be moved from one location to another. This can be dangerous. During the course of the journey, all sorts of accidents could cause stock to be damaged or lost. It’s advisable to have insurance in place to protect you in case something goes wrong.
How much does goods in transit insurance cost?
The cost of goods in transit insurance will vary from one provider to another. In general, they will calculate prices depending on factors such as the quantity and value of contents being moved. They may also look at the type of goods being moved to determine risk and how many claims you have made in the past five years.
Can goods be stored in vehicles overnight?
You should check your policy. However, most will protect goods for 24 hours if they are stored on site and in a secure location such as a locked garage. You should always check your insurance policy to see what it includes. When you compare policies with Brisco Business, you will be given the opportunity to review each policy before choosing the one which is right for you.
How do I calculate how much goods in transit insurance I need?
To calculate the amount of cover you need to transport goods, the policy should be based on the maximum value of the goods being shipped during one trip. So, if your business is transporting tools or equipment, you’ll want a cover which will provide the full value of your items in the event of theft or an accident that damages the goods. If you only need the cover while you are collecting goods from a wholesaler, just work out the maximum amount you will have in your vehicle at any one time.